Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Two weeks from tomorrow...

So who are we? We are Mandy and Ricky. We are 26 and 33 respectively and we are just two weeks from saying, "I do." I can't believe how quickly this engagement has gone and how much we've grown as individuals and as a couple over the past 10 months. The wedding planning process has been interesting at times but for the most part, it has been a pretty peaceful process. As a matter of fact, we are 15 days out and I am sleeping and feeling better than I have in a long time. I am calm knowing that we have planned and worked to make this a wonderful day but we know that getting married is the goal, not throwing an awesome party. If the cake collapses, the dress gets trampled by rhinos or the tuxes get blown away in a tornado it doesn't matter. What matters is that we show up on the day to commit our lives to one another. But I really hope none of those other things happen!

Although we like to think we are best couple on the planet, we're a pretty regular couple. We like to stay at home and eat pizza while watching Survivor; we have two dogs; I do the dishes and he takes out the garbage but there is one unique thing about us. We're probably the only co-habitating couple who are abstaining until marriage. Its not the most ideal situation for a lot of people but we are making it work. Its important to us to abstain because of our Christian convictions. Its been difficult at times but we know our boundaries and we are committed to the goal. And I think I speak for both of us when I say: COME ON 15 DAYS AND PASS ALREADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment